First-time buyer? You’re in the right place
Welcome to the Blue Ocean first-time buyer hub – your one-stop shop for getting onto the housing ladder.
We’re here to help!
Buying your first home is no easy feat, and can be very daunting with many things to consider. Together with stamp duty land tax thresholds, criterea on different types on income changing from lender to lender and a big focus on affordability from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) there really is are a lot of barriers for some people.
The amount of deposit you need can vary depending on your circumstances, and the amounts you can borrow vary a lot between different lenders, so it really is vital to speak to an independent advisor before you start your search. From April 2014 the new regulations from the Mortgage Market Review mean that now all mortgage transactions must be advised, and banks can now find it very difficult to accomodate meetings, sometimes taking weeks to see an somebody. This can be the difference between securing your home or not, with Estate Agents preferring offers from buyers in the best position possible for a quick sale.
With over 20 years of experience, we can help guide you through:
- affordable borrowing amounts
- Help to Buy schemes
- how to put yourself in a position to proceed quickly
- how credit scoring works – a good rating doesn’t mean a good score!
- the typical cost of moving
- how much stamp duty you will pay
- lenders criterea on income, such as bonus’, overtime and self employed
- how mortgages products differ in terms of overpayments, payment holidays, early repayment charges, fee’s for arrangement and valuations
At Blue Ocean we recognise that first time buyers need help to make informed decisions, not only on how much to borrow and what it will cost, but also how to protect themselves from lifes challenges along the long journey of home ownership.
Enquire today, we really can make the difference in securing the home of your dreams.